What are the holidays if not a perfect time to add a little summin summin to your drink? A festive pep in your step… or a not-so-secret weapon to help you relax when you’re knee-deep into gift wrapping and already 16 paper cuts deep.
This time of year, it seems that everybody goes bloody gaga over eggnog. Well, not this gal. Milk makes me want to gag. And then you want to mix some sort of alcohol in there? Yeah, no. I’m going to pass.
A couple of weeks ago I got to thinking a blog post about an adult hot chocolate would be fun. More like I figured it’d be a fun experience to get sloshed all for a good blog post… but you know, whatever works.
I’m actually surprised and proud of myself for trying a recipe with RumChata because everyone always is so ecstatic that it tastes like “the milk after eating a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.” Once again, barf.
It seems there is an antidote… chocolate.
TBH, chocolate is an antidote for a lot of things… breakups, bad days, periods, arguments with the credit card company because no you didn’t buy $500 in porn in auto parts in Uganda last week…. you know… stuff that stresses you out.
So the recipe… yeah… it’s super easy and delicious.
And if you’re just feeling a little extra, this recipe would go oh-so-good with some chocolate chip peanut butter cookies.
Hope you guys enjoy!
This is a recipe for a single serving but can easily be multiplied.
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- RumChata (amount varies for preference
- Whipped cream (optional)
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the sugar, salt, cocoa powder and two tablespoons of milk. Heat on low until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the remaining milk and whisk occasionally over medium heat until desired temperature is reached.
- Pour into a mug. Add in a shot of RumChata (more if desired) and vanilla. Stir and top with whipped cream and serve.